Monday, April 6, 2009

Breaking Dawn...finally.

So I actually introduced Twilight to my sisters. Can you believe it? I know they are huge fans...bigger than me. I kept having customers ask about this book. New Moon had just been released. What was the big deal? Oh yeah, no more Harry Potter to read. Must have something new. Teen Fiction is not my thing. At all. Then I happened to read a profile of Stephenie Meyer in Time magazine. What??? She's a Mormon writing about vampires. Oh this was beautiful!! The only reason that I even picked up the book was because she was Mormon! This is funny in itself because I am not Mormon and one side of my family is. Needless to say, I loved the book. She is not a literary writer, per se, but she kept the story moving and interesting. Plus, the books take only a couple of days to read, so quick gratification.

So time goes by. I buy the I love Edward Cullen t-shirt. I read Eclipse. Text back and forth with my sisters about our love of Edward and how much we despise Jacob. Then Breaking Dawn. Too much time between books. I wait at midnight in a sea of people desperate for a taste. But it's past midnight and I have to work the next morning. So it sits on my nightstand. Twilight premieres as a movie. Super fun...true to the book. A surprise since they usually screw these things up. And all the while, Breaking Dawn collecting dust two inches from my pillow. Merchandise mania hits. DVD release imminent. Must buy. Day of release. Watch all the extras and the commentary. Too bad Rob Pattinson sounds kinda dumb in real life. Oh well. He's cute and that will take him far. And Breaking Dawn sits patiently waiting.

2 o'clock in the morning I wake. I have to know how it ends. Even though everyone has told me, I have to read it for myself. So I dive in; devouring page after page in this monstrous tome. A crick in my neck, restless and tired, I keep going. I'm not quite there yet, but almost. Am I fulfilled knowing Bella got her wish? Is Edward still as appealing now that he is not unattainable? The only thing I know for sure is that Jacob still annoys me and Stephenie Meyer has taken us on one helluva ride. For that I am thankful.

2 comments:

Just Joan said...

See how hard was it to actually post...I loved it! If you did this with all the books/movies you devoured it would be amazing...then I would know what's worth my time and what's not. Please continue to post...I look forward to your reviews!!

Sabra said...

Thank you for blogging! You made my day and will continue to do so each time you post!