Sunday, July 25, 2010

After a delightful trip to Southern California with my sister, it was back to work and the desert. Because of the heat, most activities have to take place indoors or near a pool. Well, we have been night swimming because it is way too hot to get in the pool during the day and seeing lots of movies. In the last two weeks, I've seen:

*Cyrus
*The Kids Are Alright
*The Girl Who Played with Fire
*Inception (twice)
*Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

All of them were actually really good. I've also been hanging out with an old Yuma friend, Peter. He introduced me to the best Chinese restaurant I've been to in forever and now I'm a regular. The cute lady who owns the place calls me "Kitty" in a sweet Asian accent. It's my "Cheers" moment! She loves Twilight and Edward and she and her husband love cooking great, fresh food. What a find! Peter also cooked me a great meal one night and we watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". I loved it! Hysterical.

Last Saturday, Robert and I went to the Rollerderby. This has become our once a month fun time event ( I mean, what guy doesn't like hot chicks in short skirts on skates? lol) Needless to say, it is a great time and nice and air conditioned in the Coliseum at the state fairgrounds. Here's a couple of pictures:








If you're unfamiliar with Rollerderby, rent Whip It and see what it's all about. It is really a fun time!


Well, here's hoping the upcoming week is productive and awesome. I am having car problems again and the check engine light is on. Also, I'm trying to decide if I should go visit Joan in Maryland in September or if I should have a party for my 35th. I have been inspired by some really cool blogs I've been reading to throw a Wonderland themed event. Loving the idea. I guess it will all boil down to money and what happens with my car. I'll let you know. Have a great week!


2 comments:

Just Joan said...

Well my vote is to go visit Joan in Maryland. But that is just me! I miss you. Sounds like you are having a great little summer. I am jealous. I saw Inception this weekend...AMAZING. I LOVED IT! I need to start The Passage and see Twilight...I feel so far behind. I love and miss you!!

Sabra said...

What happened to the vow of silence idea?

Roller Derby looks like such a fun thing to watch.

I'm glad you were able to see the Joan Rivers movie. Fill me in.