Thursday, July 1, 2010

What I've been reading:





I am notorious for reading multiple books at a time. I often start a new book hopeful that it will hook me and keep me turning the pages. Most often, I find another book that sounds interesting before I am really sucked into the original book, and the cycle continues. I am currently reading 3 books, probably giving the most time to Women Food and God. I really want to like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but it hasn't grabbed me yet. Perhaps I spoiled it by seeing the movie. I want to spend some time at a monastery this year, so I started reading the Cloister Walk. Again, very interesting, but not a fast page turner. I am getting ready for vacation in San Diego and the must have book (so I am told) is The Passage, so that is what I plan on reading during my down time. I am told it is the "crack book", meaning it is highly addictive and impossible to put down. Sounds good to me!

2 comments:

Sabra said...

Bring a copy for me to read on our vacation. We can read it together. Maybe, we should send Kelly and Joan a copy, too. We can pretend we are all together reading and have a virtual discussion.

Just Joan said...

I would love to get packages of books. I miss you guys! I cannot get into The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo either. I sooo want to though. This is my 5th time trying. The girl who does my hair loved it. When did the movie come out?!?!?