Friday, October 29, 2010

All Treats, No Tricks

No one ever comes to our house to trick-or-treat. I think it's mostly because I live in a small condo community with retirees. The last couple of years I have been able to go to Trunk n Treat with Sabra and her kids, but this year I'm staying in Phoenix to watch the dogs while my mom goes to California for Maggie's 2nd birthday. Anyway, to get to the point, I wanted to do something fun that involved candy and I came across a really cute blog in which Hershey's bars were used as the "body" of a bat and a mummy. I quickly found some black card stock, googly eyes, and white crepe paper. I figured I would make them for my employees. They have been doing such a great job lately. I try very hard to make sure they know this and even though it's not a lot, I hope they enjoy!







BTW, I thought tracing and cutting out all of the bats was a pain, but in fact, wrapping the mummies was more tedious. Mostly I did this over a couple of weeks while watching tv. I think they turned out super cute.

3 comments:

Sabra said...

Adorable. I'm sitting here thinking if I have enough time to make some and hand them out before it's too late. I'll have to remember this for next year.

You are an awesome boss, and everyone knows it.

I miss you terribly this year. I hate sharing you.

Sabra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Joan said...

TOO CUTE!