Monday, October 25, 2010

My two funny finds




So I found the first one while hanging out in Barnes and Noble looking for something to page through while I had my Starbucks "nectar". It's actually pretty creepy! The vampire stalks the kids and hides under their beds and follows them around and finally they include him in their games and the mom befriends him too and they all sew capes to wear and it's really bizarre. The next time you're in a bookstore, look for it and just peruse the pictures. It's really worth it.

Secondly, this little gem of a "book" was shown to me by Robert while we were checking out a new bookstore in our area. I immediately took a picture of it with my phone and forwarded it to my book dept. supervisor and my sister. This is wrong on so many levels, it exhausts me just thinking about it. Why are we teaching The Notebook in school? I mean, that's the only reason to have a Cliffs Notes guide for it, correct? Disturbing! Plus, I'm just loving the pic of Nicky Sparks on the cover. What marketing genius came up with that one? As my sister, Sabra said, wow...on so many levels, wow!

Yeah, that about sums it up.

1 comment:

Just Joan said...

When I googled the Dick and Jane book I was a little disturbed as well.